Welcome to a new weekly series! I’ve been wanting to commit to doing a weekly roundup post for a while, so here it is: my favorite links of the week related to all things vintage, thrifted, and sustainable, plus a little update about where I’m at and what I’m up to.
on my radar:
- Loved this article on taking a bold approach to decorating old homes on Apartment Therapy.
- Troy at Thriftanista in the City has totally inspired me to stop removing the shoulder pads on my 80’s dresses.
- Patagonia is selling restored and refurbished clothing. Hoping other brands will follow suit!
- Love this simple restoration process for vintage leather purses at the Demure Muse, found via Writes Like a Girl’s excellent weekly link roundup.
- SFgirlbybay shows how vintage items in a collection can make a big impact with this post on vintage kitchen accoutrement.
Reading: The Moon and Sixpence, my copy dug from the Goodwill Outlet bins.
Listening: Really enjoying the podcast Bosses and Booze, which combines two of my favorite things: smart women and dark liquor.
Making: Final edits on my MA thesis (at last!)
Looking: Shawn Theodore: Church of Broken Pieces at the African American Museum in Philadelphia completely blew me away.
Traveling: To New York City for the weekend.